Wednesday 5 February 2014

a little vintage glamour in morocco




There are some wonderful vintage images taken in Morocco.
Photographers like Irving Penn, George Dambier, Cecil Beaton . . . 
they all took photographs there.
 Some iconic, 
others simply everyday pictures images of friends and colleagues.

Below are some of my favourites.




Truman Capote by Cecil Beaton in Tangiers





Talitha Getty for Vogue in 1971





 My favourite image of Yves St Laurent working at his desk in Morocco.  
 I wish I was sitting at a desk under an arch overlooking my garden in morocco right now!







 Georges Dambier photographed Suzy Parker for Elle in 1953




I love the prickly pear cactus in the background of this image - always reminds me of the moroccan countryside.





This photograph was taken by Irving Penn of his wife Lisa Fonssagrives in 1951 
So many beautiful elements in this composition!







And of course this selection would be incomplete 
without the somewhat incongruous image 
taken in Morocco in  1958 by William Klein



don't forget to click across to my facebook page if you have a minute to spare


No comments:

Post a Comment